|Barrel length:||18.5"||470.1mm *|
|Magazine Capacity:||10 rounds||10 rounds|
|Barrel Diameter:||3/4" to 5/8"||19.1mm to 15.9mm|
|Trigger Pull:||5lbs to 7lbs||22.2N to 31.1N|
The SU-16 is a gas operated, semi-loading rifle chambered in 5.56 mm NATO caliber. It is intended to be the perfect everyman's sport and utility rifle. The rifling is 1 turn in 9 inches, right hand twist. Several unique features make the SU-16 a versatile sporting firearm, including:
- Salt bath nitride barrel.
- An integrated Picatinny rail for mounting different sight systems.
- The forend folds down to form a bipod for increased accuracy.
- The stock can store spare magazines. Two 10 round magazines or one 20/30 round magazine will fit.
- The stock and trigger mechanism can be folded forward for added safety and to facilitate secure storage or carry under extreme conditions.
The SU-16 has a conventional, long-stroke gas-piston operation and utilizes the proven Johnson/Stoner breech locking system. It is compatible with standard AR-15/M-16 magazines. The reciprocating bolt handle and magazine catch are on the right side, while the push bolt safety can be changed to work from either side. Except for barrel and operating components, the SU-16 is made entirely of high impact reinforced polymer.